Living Green is Maldron Hotel Wexford’s environmental movement which we implemented in 2019 in conjunction with our parent company Dalata Hotel Group. This movement inspires and focuses on care for our environment and instils this as a way of life throughout the hotel for both our team and our guests.
At Maldron Hotel Wexford, we care about the environment that we operate our business in and we are continuously introducing environmentally-friendly changes to help play our part. All our team are fully trained on environmental policies and our Environmental Impact Team meet regularly to discuss what we can do next.
To date we have implemented the following changes that we hope are making a difference:
- All bulbs have now been replaced with low energy LED efficient lightbulbs in the hotel.
- We have adopted a Red Panda from Dublin Zoo.
- Removed/replaced marketing merchandise throughout the hotel with paperless options. This includes the introduction of our Guest Platform App for all guests staying in the hotel.
- Review of all single-use items to reduce waste and minimise packaging.
- Single flush policy has now been implemented in all hotel bedrooms to help reduce water consumption.
We have also implemented the following: